the wonder called sleep
1. What does a good sleep provide?
Ans. It provides complete rest to our body and mind.
2. Do we remember what happened when we are asleep?
Ans. No, it’s not always possible for us to remember what
happened when we are asleep.
3. Can dreams tell the future?
Ans. No, dreams can never tell the future.
4. What is the misconception about the dream?
Ans. Dreams can tell the future.
5. Who is a “Somnambulist”?
Ans. A person one who walks while sleeping.
TEXT BOOK QUESTION AND ANSWERS
1. What is the most obvious advantage of sleep?
i) It gives complete rest to our body and mind.
ii) Our body recovers from tiredness caused by the day’s activities.
2. What happens to our body when we sleep?
i) Our muscles got relaxed.
ii) Our temperature and blood pressure go down
iii) Our heart beat and the activities of the brain slow down.
3. Define a dream in your own words.
i) It is an activity of the mind.
ii) It takes place when we are asleep.
4. Why are dreams important? Mention two reasons?
i) It helps us to sleep through noise or other disturbances.
ii) It reveals much about one’s problems.
iii) It gives solutions to those problems.
5. Why has sleep been called wonder?
i) It transports us to a new world.
ii) It helps us to forget all our sorrows.